- About Us
- Centre of Excellence
- Cardiac Sciences
- Neuro Sciences
- Renal Sciences
- Gastro Sciences
- Orthopaedics & Rheumatology
- Internal Medicine
- Mother & Child Care
- Anaesthesia & Pain Management
- Dermatology & Cosmetic Care
- Eye / Ophthalmology
- Dental & Maxillofacial
- Transplant Medicine
- Wellness & Diagnostic Centre
- Robotics Sciences
- Patients & Visitors
- Contact Us
Dr Karthik is a Consultant ENT, Head and Neck Surgeon in the Department of ENT, Head and Neck Surgery at TX Hospitals, Uppal, Hyderabad.Dr Karthik has performed more than 500+ head and neck surgeries with extremely high degree of precision. He has honour of working with some of the India’s leading and well-known doctors. Dr Karthik is an expert in performing minimally invasive surgical procedures.
Dr Karthik has hands-on clinical experience and surgical expertise. He performs thyroid surgeries, surgeries for early-stage oral cavity and laryngeal malignancies, cutaneous malignancies, advanced-stage head and neck malignancies, benign head and neck cases. He also performs neck dissections, local and pedicled flaps, partial maxillectomies, free flaps, sleep apnea, parotid, and intra-temporal fossa tumour resections.
Dr Karthik regularly performs septoplasties, tonsillectomies, mastoidectomies, tympanoplasties, endoscopic procedures, thyroidectomies and Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgeries (FESS). He also possesses exceptional expertise in head and neck malignancies, salivary gland tumour surgeries, laser surgeries, cochlear implants and flap surgeries.
Dr Karthik’s special areas of interest include thyroid surgery, laryngeal surgery, skull-based surgeries and sleep apnea surgeries.
Dr Karthik speaks Telugu, English, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam and Punjabi.
- MBBS, Gandhi Medical College, NTR University
- MS (Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery), Kasturba Medical College, Manipal University
- FHNS – Fellowship in Head and Neck Surgery, Patel Hospital, Jalandhar, Punjab, India
- Karthik Munagala – “Applicability of Dynamic Risk Stratification in Differentiated Thyroid Cancer in a Resource Limited Setting” – Journal’s AHNS Theme Issue, May 6, 2019.
- Karthik Munagala – “Squamous Cell Carcinoma of Thyroglossal Duct Cyst” – Evolution Medical Dental Sciences, Issue 20, Volume 5, March 10, 2016.
Live Workshops / Demonstrations
- PHONOSURG KMC 2014 – Demonstrated a Live Phono Surgery Workshop at KMC, Mangalore.
- Laser Surgery Workshop – 2015 – Attended and Participated in the Hands-on Workshop on Laser Surgery in ENT – Head and Neck Surgery at KMC Manipal.
- Head and Neck Forum – 2018 – Organized the first National Workshop in Head and Neck Salvage and Perspectives on Laryngeal and Hypopharyngeal Malignancies conducted by the Multidisciplinary Team, Patel Hospital.
- Basic Surgical Oriented Cadaver Temporal Bone Dissection Workshop – 2014 Attended Hands-on Workshop conducted under the auspices of AP Medical Council, Indian Society of Otology, Association of Otolaryngologists of India and Hyderabad ENT Research Foundation.
- HNOCON KMC 2015 – Organized a Live Surgical Workshop on Head and Neck Oncology Conducted by the Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery at Manipal University.
- Head and Neck Forum – 2018 – Demonstrated a Live Robotic Surgical Workshop on Advances and Controversies in HNSCC – Organized by the Multidisciplinary Team, Patel Hospital.