- About Us
- Centre of Excellence
- Cardiac Sciences
- Neuro Sciences
- Renal Sciences
- Gastro Sciences
- Orthopaedics & Rheumatology
- Internal Medicine
- Mother & Child Care
- Anaesthesia & Pain Management
- Dermatology & Cosmetic Care
- Eye / Ophthalmology
- Dental & Maxillofacial
- Transplant Medicine
- Wellness & Diagnostic Centre
- Robotics Sciences
- Patients & Visitors
- Contact Us
Dr. Shiva Prasad is a Consultant Radiation Oncologist in the Department of Radiation Oncology at TX Hospitals, Uppal, Hyderabad. He has versatile experience and exposure in all aspects of radiation oncology as he treats some of the common, rare and complex cancers – such as breast cancer, ovarian cancer, prostate cancers and head and neck cancers. Prior to joining TX Hospitals, Dr Shiva worked at MNJ Institute of Oncology and also in the Department of Radiation Oncology at Yashoda Hospital, Hyderabad as a Consultant Radiation Oncologist.
Dr Shiva is an astute and accomplished radiation oncologist with hands-on experience and expertise in all types of adiation therapies including external and internal radiation therapies.
External beam radiation therapies include – 3D, CRT, IMRT, SBRT, SRS, IGRT. He also provides brachytherapy for prostate cancer. Dr Prasad is well versed with all types of oncological diagnostic procedures – FNAC, biopsy, bone marrow biopsy, thoracocentesis, abdominal paracentesis, and so on. He also provides palliative care, chemotherapy for all solid malignancies.
Dr Prasad’s areas of interest include advanced and most sophisticated radiotherapy techniques such as Particle Therapy, SBRT, SRS and IGRT. He has interest in other subspecialities of oncology including Head and Neck Oncology, Thoracic Oncology and Neuro-oncology.
Dr Shiva Prasad speaks Telugu, English, Hindi, Kannada and Marathi
- MBBS, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, JSS Medical College, Mysore, Karnataka
- M.D. (Radiation Oncology), Manipal University, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- FRCR, The Royal College of Radiologists
- ESMO, European Society for Medical Oncology, ESMO, Lugano, Switzerland.
- Life Member – Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI)
- Member of European Society for Radiation and Oncology (ESTRO)
- Member of American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
- Member of European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)
Published an article – “A Prospective Study of Dosimetric Outcome and Acute Toxicities of Hypofractionated Radiotherapy following Modified Mastectomy for Patients with Breast Cancer” in JDCR.
Presented a case on – “Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy in Locally Recurrent Hepatocellular Carcinoma” at ESMO preceptorship on Gastrointestinal Tumours in Singapore.
- Presented a Scientific Poster titled – “Clival Metastasis as the Presenting Feature of Recurrent Carcinoma Cervix-Rare Entity” at 2nd joint Karnataka and Maharashtra Chapter AROI Conference – 2015.