Treatments and Procedures / Clinical Expertise
- Mastoidectomy (surgical removal of mastoids)
- Tonsillectomy (Surgical removal of the tonsils)
- Adenoidectomy (Surgical removal of the adenoid)
- Parotidectomy (Parotid gland – the largest salivary gland removal surgery)
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS)
- Microscopic Ear Surgery
- Tympanoplasty (Surgical correction or repair of defects or injuries in the eardrum or the bones of the middle ear)
- Stapedectomy (Surgical removal of the stapes of the middle ear)
- Ossiculoplasty (reconstruction of the middle ear ossicular chain)
- Cochlear Implant (an implanted device to help provide sense of sound)
- Septoplasty (surgery to straighten the septum of the nose)
- Minimally invasive endoscopic sinus surgery
- Rhinoplasty (surgery to correct the shape of the nose)
- Otoplasty (to change the shape of the ears)
- Microscopic voice box surgery
- Minimally invasive ENT surgery
- Sleep apnea surgery
- Voice surgeries
- Surgeries for head and neck cancers
- Head & Neck surgery
Best ENT Treatment Hospital in Uppal Experienced paediatric ENT specialists provide treatment for adenoiditis, adenoid hypertrophy, sleep apnea, all types of ear infections, breathing problems, tonsillitis, hearing loss, epistaxis, nasal deformities, nasal obstructions, facial nerve injuries, sinusitis, thyroid diseases, parathyroid diseases, vocal cord paralysis, sleep disordered breathing, masses or lesions, congenital deformities – cleft lip / palate and abnormalities of the ear.
Paediatric ENT specialists collaborate with other specialists and provide care as a multidisciplinary team. A supportive team comprising of trained ENT nurses, speech therapists, audiologists work with the specialists doctors to provide care for a wide range of ENT disorders.
Patients who have severe hearing loss and who have difficulty in managing all types of hearing aids can perform better with cochlear implantations. For a patient who is profoundly deaf or whose hearing has impaired drastically, a cochlear implant a small electronic device can provide help in hearing. The device has external and internal parts including a microphone (to receive sound signals), speech processor (to process the sound) and a transmitter and receiver stimulator (converts signals into electronic impulses). The implant is surgically placed.
Cochlear implants work differently from the usual hearing aids which simply amplify the sounds and make them hearable to people who use them. Implants allow or help in recognizing sound signals, understanding other sounds, understanding other speech. In general, they give useful representation of sounds in the surroundings to a deaf person and help the person in understanding speech.
Hearing through cochlear implants is a learning process that may take time to learn and relearn. It is different from normal hearing. The person having cochlear implant can have improved perception of the environment; better lip-reading ability and can monitor the volume of his or her own voice.
Cochlear implant procedure is a substantial step towards best ENT hospital in Kachiguda TX Hospitals’ initiative of providing comprehensive care for the deaf children and adults to help restore their hearing.