Best Hypertension Treatment in Hyderabad
- High blood pressure(Hypertension) is a condition in which the force of the blood against the artery walls is too high.
- Usually, hypertension is defined as blood pressure above 140/90 and is considered severe if the pressure is above 180/120.
- High blood pressure often has no symptoms. Over time, if untreated, it can cause health conditions, such as heart disease and stroke.
- Eating a healthier diet with less salt, exercising regularly and taking medication can help lower blood pressure
Most people with high blood pressure have no symptoms, even if blood pressure readings reach dangerously high levels. You can have high blood pressure for years without any symptoms.
A few people with high blood pressure may have:
- Shortness of breath
However, these symptoms aren’t specific. They usually don’t occur until high blood pressure has reached a severe or life-threatening stage.
Treatment for Hypertension
Many people with high blood pressure can lower their blood pressure to a healthy range or keep their numbers in a healthy range by making lifestyle changes. Talk with your healthcare team about
- Getting at least 150 minutes of physical activity each week (about 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week)
- Not smoking
- Eating a healthy diet, including limiting sodium (salt) and alcohol
- Keeping a healthy weight
- Managing stress
In addition to making positive lifestyle changes, some people with high blood pressure need to take medicine to manage their blood pressure.
By taking action to lower your blood pressure, you can help protect yourself against heart disease and stroke, also sometimes called cardiovascular disease (CVD).