Best Robotic Prostatectomy Procedure in Hyderabad
Robotic prostatectomy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure used to remove the prostate gland in men with prostate cancer. The procedure is performed using a surgical robot, which is controlled by a surgeon, and offers many benefits over traditional open surgery, including faster recovery times, less pain, and reduced risk of complications.
Here are the steps involved in a robotic prostatectomy procedure:
- Preparation: Before the procedure, you will be asked to fast for several hours and may need to undergo some tests, such as blood work and imaging studies, to make sure you are a good candidate for the surgery. You will also meet with your surgeon to discuss the procedure and any potential risks or complications.
- Anesthesia: Once you are in the operating room, you will be given general anesthesia to ensure that you are asleep and pain-free during the procedure.
- Incisions: Your surgeon will make several small incisions in your abdomen, through which the robotic instruments will be inserted. The robotic arms are equipped with small cameras and surgical tools, which provide a magnified 3D view of the surgical area and allow for precise movements.
- Prostate removal: Your surgeon will use the robotic instruments to carefully remove the prostate gland and any surrounding tissue that may be affected by the cancer. The robotic arms are able to make very precise movements, which reduces the risk of damage to surrounding tissues and structures.
- Closure: Once the prostate has been removed, your surgeon will carefully close the incisions using small sutures or staples.
- Recovery: You will be moved to a recovery room where you will be monitored for a few hours before being transferred to a regular hospital room. Most patients are able to go home within a day or two of the procedure, and are typically able to resume normal activities within a few weeks.
Robotic prostatectomy is a highly effective treatment option for men with prostate cancer. It offers many benefits over traditional open surgery, including faster recovery times, less pain, and reduced risk of complications. However, as with any surgical procedure, there are some risks and potential complications, such as bleeding, infection, and damage to surrounding tissues. TX Hospitals top surgeons in Hyderabad will discuss these risks with you and help determine if robotic prostatectomy is the right treatment option for you.