Best Transurethral Resection of Bladder Tumor Procedure in Hyderabad
Transurethral resection of bladder tumor (TURBT) is a surgical procedure used to diagnose and treat bladder cancer. In this procedure, a small instrument called a resectoscope is passed through the urethra to remove cancerous tissue from the bladder lining.Get the best treatment for bladder cancer by visiting Tx hospital Hyderabad.
The steps involved in a TURBT procedure.
- Preparing for the Procedure Before the TURBT procedure, the patient will typically receive general or spinal anesthesia to prevent pain and discomfort during the procedure. The patient will also be asked to empty their bladder to make it easier for the surgeon to access the tumor. Once the patient is anesthetized, the surgeon will insert the resectoscope into the urethra and guide it into the bladder.
- Identifying the Tumor Once the resectoscope is in place, the surgeon will use a camera attached to the scope to visualize the bladder lining and identify the tumor. If the tumor is too large to remove in one piece, the surgeon may need to break it up into smaller pieces for removal.
- Removing the Tumor Using a small wire loop attached to the resectoscope, the surgeon will carefully remove the tumor from the bladder lining. The loop is heated to vaporize and remove the tumor tissue, and the vaporized tissue is carried away by a saline solution. The surgeon will continue to remove all visible tumor tissue until only healthy bladder tissue remains.
- Assessing the Tumor Once the tumor has been removed, the surgeon will send it to a pathologist for analysis to determine if the tumor is cancerous and, if so, what type of cancer it is. This information will help guide further treatment.
- Completing the Procedure After the tumor has been removed and analyzed, the surgeon will remove the resectoscope and place a catheter in the patient’s bladder to drain urine and any remaining saline solution. The catheter will typically remain in place for a few days after the procedure. The patient will be monitored in the recovery room for a few hours before being released to go home.
TURBT is a common procedure used to diagnose and treat bladder cancer. It is a minimally invasive procedure that is typically well-tolerated by patients, and has a high success rate in removing bladder tumors. If you have been diagnosed with bladder cancer, Visit TX hospital for top-notch urological care and the best results.