Ophthalmic Procedures and services
- Vision correction surgeries – refractive surgery
- Glaucoma surgery
- Cataract Surgery
- Specialized surgeries for severe eye conditions
- Severe and chronic tear duct blockages and infections treatment
- Reconstructive eye surgeries for birth defects and abnormalities
- Reconstructive surgeries to repair eye trauma
- Crossed eyes correction surgeries
- Corneal transplants
- Detached or torn retinas repair
- Treatment for autoimmune eye conditions and diabetic retinopathy
- Foreign object, cyst or tumour removal surgeries
When to see an ophthalmologist?
In general, majority of the people consult an ophthalmologist when they have acute, severe or chronic problems with their vision and sight. However, you should see an ophthalmologist, if you experience these signs and symptoms of eye disease – excessive tearing, blocked, distorted, reduced or blocked vision; bulging eyes, loss of peripheral vision, excessive redness in the eyes, see flashes of light, eye lids problems or abnormalities. In addition, you should also see your ophthalmologist if you see halos around lights, coloured circles, strings, floaters and black specks in the filed of your vision and view.
When should you seek an emergency consultation with an Eye Specialist?
best treatment for eye problems in hyderabad You should seek emergency appointment with an ophthalmologist if you notice that your eyes have started becoming red, swollen with severe and sudden eye pain. In case of deep eye injury and trauma and changes in vision and sudden vision loss you must immediately consult an eye specialist.
Certain conditions such as autoimmune disorders, a family history of eye diseases, diabetes, high blood pressure and thyroid disorders can increase the risk of eye diseases and make us visit an ophthalmologist. A special team at TX Hospitals counsels such cases.