Diabetes Mellitus Treatment in Hyderabad
Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disease that causes high blood sugar. Your body either doesn’t make enough insulin or can’t effectively use the insulin it makes.
It has many sub-classifications, including type 1, type 2, maturity-onset diabetes of the young (MODY), gestational diabetes, neonatal diabetes, and steroid-induced diabetes.
Diabetes symptoms depend on how high your blood sugar is. Some people, especially if they have prediabetes, gestational diabetes or type 2 diabetes, may not have symptoms. In type 1 diabetes, symptoms tend to come on quickly and be more severe.
The general symptoms of diabetes include:
- increased hunger
- increased thirst
- weight loss
- frequent urination
- blurry vision
- extreme fatigue
- sores that don’t heal
WHEN TO SEE A DOCTOR
Diabetes symptoms can be so mild that they’re hard to spot at first. Learn which signs should prompt a trip to the doctor.
Treatment for Diabetes mellitus
- Weight loss
- In type 1 diabetes, insulin injections
- In type 2 diabetes, often medications by mouth and sometimes insulin or other medications by injection
Diet for people with diabetes
Diet management is very important in people with either type of diabetes mellitus. Doctors recommend a healthy, balanced diet and efforts to maintain a healthy weight. People with diabetes can benefit from meeting with a dietitian or a diabetes educator to develop an optimal eating plan. Such a plan includes
- Avoiding simple sugars and processed foods
- Increasing dietary fiber
- Limiting portions of carbohydrate-rich and fatty foods (especially saturated fats)
- People with diabetes should stop smoking and consume only moderate amounts of alcohol