ABO Incompatible Kidney Transplantation in Hyderabad
ABO incompatible kidney transplant is a medical procedure that involves transplanting a kidney from a living donor who is not a blood type match with the recipient. This is a relatively new procedure that has become increasingly popular in recent years due to the shortage of compatible kidney donors.TX Hospitals is one of the best hospitals for kidney transplants in Hyderabad.
- Pre-Transplant Evaluation: Before the transplant, the recipient undergoes a thorough medical evaluation, including blood tests, imaging studies, and other tests to assess their overall health and determine the suitability of the transplant.
- Donor Evaluation: The living donor undergoes a similar evaluation to determine their eligibility as a donor. This includes blood tests to determine their blood type, as well as other tests to ensure their overall health and suitability as a donor.
- Immunological Testing: After determining donor-recipient compatibility, the recipient undergoes a series of immunological tests to determine the degree of antibody incompatibility. These tests are essential in determining the level of treatment required to reduce the risk of rejection.
- Desensitization: If the recipient is found to have a high level of antibodies, they undergo a process called desensitization, which involves a combination of medications to reduce antibody levels.
- Plasmapheresis: This is a procedure where the blood plasma is filtered to remove antibodies that may attack the transplanted kidney. The plasma is replaced with fresh plasma or albumin to prevent complications.
- Immunoglobulin Infusion: This is a treatment where the recipient is given intravenous infusions of immunoglobulin to help reduce the risk of rejection.
- Surgery: The surgery involves removing the donor’s kidney and implanting it in the recipient’s abdomen. The surgical procedure is similar to a regular kidney transplant.
- Post-Transplant Care: After the transplant, the recipient is closely monitored for any signs of complications, and the immunosuppressive medications are adjusted accordingly to prevent rejection.
ABO incompatible kidney transplant is a complex medical procedure that requires careful evaluation, preparation, and monitoring to ensure a successful outcome. With advances in medical technology and immunosuppressive medications, this procedure has become a viable option for patients who have previously been unable to find a compatible kidney donor. It is essential to seek out a team of experienced professionals to ensure the best possible outcome. Visit TX Hospitals for top urology treatment in Hyderabad.