Best Bladder Augmentation Procedure in Hyderabad
Bladder augmentation is a surgical procedure used to enlarge the bladder in patients who have a small or non-functional bladder. This procedure can help improve bladder function and reduce symptoms such as incontinence and frequent urination.
Bladder Augmentation Procedure
1. Preparing for the Procedure Before the bladder augmentation procedure, the patient will typically receive general anesthesia to prevent pain and discomfort during the procedure. The surgeon will also clean the surgical site and may place a catheter into the patient’s bladder to drain urine during the procedure.
2. Accessing the Bladder The surgeon will make an incision in the patient’s lower abdomen to gain access to the bladder. The location and size of the incision will depend on the patient’s individual anatomy and the surgeon’s preference.
3. Preparing the Tissue Once the bladder is exposed, the surgeon will carefully separate the tissue around the bladder and prepare it for augmentation. The surgeon may use a section of the patient’s own small intestine or stomach to create a patch that will be used to enlarge the bladder.
4. Creating the Patch The surgeon will carefully harvest a section of the patient’s small intestine or stomach and prepare it for use as a bladder patch. The patch will be carefully shaped to fit the size and shape of the patient’s bladder, and the edges will be sewn to the bladder wall.
5. Closing the Incision Once the patch has been sewn to the bladder wall, the surgeon will close the incision in the patient’s abdomen using stitches or surgical staples. A catheter may also be placed in the bladder to help drain urine during the initial healing period.
6. Recovery After the procedure, the patient will be monitored in the hospital for a few days to ensure proper healing and to manage pain. The catheter will typically remain in place for several days after the procedure, and the patient will need to avoid strenuous activity and sexual intercourse for several weeks while the area heals. Follow-up appointments with the surgeon will be necessary to monitor the patient’s progress and to remove the catheter when appropriate.
Bladder augmentation is a complex surgical procedure that is typically used to enlarge the bladder in patients who have a small or non-functional bladder. The success of the procedure depends on a variety of factors, including the patient’s overall health, the size and shape of the bladder. If you are experiencing symptoms related to a small or non-functional bladder, consult our specialists who are expert in bladder augmentation procedure at TX Hospitals Hyderabad.