Cystoscopy with Bladder Biopsy or Lesion Removal Procedure in Hyderabad
Cystoscopy with bladder biopsy or lesion removal is a procedure used to diagnose and treat abnormalities in the bladder, such as cancerous or non-cancerous growths. This procedure involves using a thin, flexible tube with a camera and light at the end (called a cystoscope) to examine the inside of the bladder and take a biopsy or remove a lesion.
Here are the steps involved in a cystoscopy with bladder biopsy or lesion removal:
- Preparation: Before the procedure, you may be asked to provide a urine sample to check for any infections. You will also be asked to empty your bladder and change into a hospital gown. Depending on the type of anesthesia used, you may need to fast for several hours before the procedure.
- Anesthesia: The procedure may be performed under local anesthesia (where the area is numbed) or general anesthesia (where you are put to sleep). Your doctor will discuss which option is best for you based on your medical history and the extent of the procedure.
- Insertion of the cystoscope: The cystoscope is inserted into the urethra and slowly advanced into the bladder. As the cystoscope is moved, the camera at the end sends images to a monitor that your doctor uses to examine the inside of the bladder.
- Biopsy or lesion removal: If a biopsy is needed, your doctor will insert small instruments through the cystoscope to remove a small tissue sample from the bladder lining. If a lesion needs to be removed, your doctor will use a laser, a loop of wire, or other instruments to cut away the abnormal tissue.
- Removal of the cystoscope: Once the biopsy or lesion removal is complete, the cystoscope is removed from the bladder.
- Recovery: After the procedure, you may experience some discomfort or pain when urinating. You may also notice some blood in your urine for a few days. Your doctor will provide instructions on how to manage any discomfort or pain, as well as any post-procedure care that may be necessary.
Cystoscopy with bladder biopsy or lesion removal is a safe and effective way to diagnose and treat bladder abnormalities. Consult the best urologist in Hyderabad at TX Hospitals, our doctors will discuss the risks and benefits of the procedure with you beforehand to ensure that it is the right choice for your individual situation.