Best Electromyography Procedure in Hyderabad
Electromyography (EMG) is a diagnostic procedure that measures the electrical activity of muscles in the body. When performed on the pelvic floor muscles, it is referred to as the Electromyography of the pelvic floor. The test helps to diagnose pelvic floor dysfunction, which can lead to issues such as urinary incontinence, fecal incontinence, and pelvic pain.
Here are the steps involved in an EMG of the pelvic floor procedure:
- Preparation: Before the procedure, you will be asked to empty your bladder and change into a hospital gown. You will lie on your back or side with your legs slightly apart. Your doctor will apply a gel to the skin of your pelvic area to help conduct the electrical signals.
- Sensor placement: Your doctor will place small sensors, also known as electrodes, on the skin near the muscles of the pelvic floor. These sensors will be connected to a machine that records the electrical signals produced by the muscles.
- Muscle activity: Your doctor will ask you to perform a series of exercises, such as squeezing your pelvic floor muscles or bearing down as if having a bowel movement. The machine will record the electrical activity in the muscles during these exercises.
- Interpretation: The results of the test will be analyzed by a specialist and used to diagnose any issues with the pelvic floor muscles, such as weak or overactive muscles.
- Follow-up: Depending on the results of the test, your doctor may recommend a treatment plan to address any issues with your pelvic floor muscles, such as pelvic floor exercises, medication, or surgery.
EMG of the pelvic floor is a safe and effective diagnostic procedure that can help diagnose pelvic floor dysfunction. The test can be uncomfortable, but it is typically not painful. If you have any questions or concerns about the procedure, be sure to discuss them with our doctor beforehand. Visit TX Hospitals here we provide the best treatment for urinary tract problems in Hyderabad.