Best Nephrouretectomy Procedure In Hyderabad
Nephroureterectomy is a surgical procedure that involves the removal of the kidney and the ureter in order to treat cancer of the upper urinary tract.We had best nephroureterectomy doctors in Hyderabad to treat kidney diseases.
Here are the steps involved in this procedure:
- Anesthesia: The patient will be given general anesthesia to ensure that they are completely unconscious during the procedure.
- Incision: The surgeon will make a large incision in the patient’s abdomen or side to access the kidney and ureter.
- Renal artery clamping: The surgeon will clamp the renal artery to temporarily halt blood flow to the kidney. This is done to reduce bleeding during the procedure.
- Kidney removal: The surgeon will carefully remove the entire affected kidney, along with the ureter and surrounding tissues. This may involve removing nearby lymph nodes to check for the presence of cancer and prevent the spread of cancer to other parts of the body.
- Urinary diversion: After the kidney and ureter have been removed, the surgeon will create a new way for the patient’s body to expel urine. This may involve creating a stoma (an opening in the abdomen) where urine can be collected in a bag outside the body or reconstructing the urinary system using part of the intestine.
- Closure: The surgeon will then close the incision with sutures or surgical staples and apply a dressing to the area.
The duration of the procedure can vary depending on the size and location of the tumor, as well as other factors such as the patient’s overall health and the experience of the surgical team. In general, the procedure can take anywhere from 2 to 4 hours.
After the procedure, the patient will need to stay in the hospital for a few days to recover. They may experience some pain and discomfort, but these can be managed with medication. The patient will need to follow a special diet and avoid certain activities for a few weeks after the surgery to ensure proper healing.
Nephroureterectomy is a major surgery that can have significant physical and emotional impacts on the patient. However, with proper care and follow-up, most patients can expect to make a full recovery and enjoy a good quality of life.Visit TX hospitals for top urological treatment and care.