Best Penile Implants for Erectile Dysfunction Procedure in Hyderabad
Penile implants are a treatment option for men who have erectile dysfunction (ED) and have not had success with other treatments such as oral medications, injections or vacuum devices. A penile implant i.e weak pennies treatment involves the surgical placement of an artificial device that can create an erection suitable for sexual activity.
Here are the steps involved in a penile implant procedure:
- Preoperative preparation: Before the procedure, the patient is usually given medication to prevent infection, and general anesthesia is administered. The patient is then positioned on the operating table.
- Incision: The surgeon makes a small incision at the base of the penis, or at the scrotum, and creates a space in the erectile tissue to place the implant.
- Placement of the implant: There are different types of penile implants, but the most common are inflatable and non-inflatable. Inflatable implants are made up of cylinders that are inserted into the penis and a pump that is placed in the scrotum. The pump is used to fill the cylinders with fluid, creating an erection. Non-inflatable implants are made up of rods that are inserted into the penis, and the patient manually bends the penis into position for intercourse.
- Closing the incision: Once the implant is in place, the surgeon will close the incision with sutures or staples.
- Postoperative recovery: The patient is typically monitored in a recovery room for a few hours and then discharged with pain medication and antibiotics. Patients may experience some pain and swelling for a few weeks after the procedure, but this is usually manageable with medication. Most patients can return to normal activities within four to six weeks after surgery.
Penile implants are a safe and effective treatment option for men with ED who have not had success with other treatments. However, it is important to discuss the potential risks and complications of the procedure with your doctor before making a decision. Common risks include infection, bleeding, and device malfunction. Penile implants are also irreversible, so it is important to discuss your expectations and long-term goals with doctor before deciding to have the procedure. Our experienced doctors at TX Hospitals will help to determine if Penile implants is the right treatment option for erection problems.