Best Pressure Flow Studies Procedures in Hyderabad
Here are the steps involved in a pressure flow study:
- Preparation: Before the procedure, you will be asked to empty your bladder and change into a hospital gown. You may also be given a sedative or local anesthetic to help you relax.
- Catheter insertion: A small, flexible catheter will be inserted into your bladder through the urethra. This catheter is used to measure the pressure inside the bladder during urination.
- Filling the bladder: The catheter will be connected to a special machine that will fill your bladder with sterile water at a controlled rate. You may be asked to report any sensations or discomfort during this process.
- Urination: When your bladder is full, you will be asked to urinate into a special container. The pressure inside your bladder will be measured during urination, and the flow rate of urine will be recorded.
- Repeat: This process may be repeated several times to get an accurate reading of the pressure and flow rate. In some cases, you may be asked to perform certain actions, such as coughing or bearing down, to assess the strength of your muscles.
- Analysis: The data collected during the pressure flow study will be analyzed to determine if there is any obstruction or weakness in the urinary system. Your doctor will use this information to make a diagnosis and recommend the appropriate treatment.
Pressure flow studies are a safe and effective way to evaluate the function of the urinary system. However, they may not be suitable for all patients, depending on factors such as age, medical history, and overall health. Visit TX Hospitals here we provide the best treatment for urinary problems in Hyderabad, our doctors will help you determine if a pressure flow study is the right test for you.