Best Pyeloplasty Procedure in Hyderabad
Pyeloplasty is a surgical procedure used to correct an obstruction in the ureteropelvic junction (UPJ), which is the area where the kidney and the ureter meet. The obstruction in the UPJ can cause urine to back up and damage the kidney. TX Hospitals provides best treatment for bladder problems.
1. Preparing for the Procedure Before the pyeloplasty procedure, the patient will receive general anesthesia to prevent pain and discomfort during the procedure. The surgical team will also clean the surgical site and place a catheter into the patient’s bladder to drain urine during the procedure.
2. Accessing the Kidney The surgeon will make an incision in the patient’s side to gain access to the affected kidney. The location and size of the incision will depend on the location and severity of the UPJ obstruction.
3. Preparing the Tissue The surgeon will carefully separate the tissue around the UPJ to prepare it for repair. If the tissue is too damaged, the surgeon may need to remove the damaged tissue and reconstruct the area with healthy tissue.
4. Repairing the UPJ Obstruction Once the tissue is prepared, the surgeon will remove the UPJ obstruction and reconstruct the area to allow urine to flow freely from the kidney to the ureter. This may involve removing part of the affected ureter and reattaching the healthy tissue to the kidney.
5. Closing the Incision Once the UPJ obstruction has been repaired, the surgeon will close the incision using stitches or surgical staples. A drain may also be placed near the incision to help drain fluid from the area.
6. Recovery After the procedure, the patient will be monitored in the hospital for a few days to ensure proper healing and to manage pain. The catheter and drain will typically remain in place for several days after the procedure, and the patient will need to avoid strenuous activity and heavy lifting for several weeks while the area heals. Follow-up appointments with the surgeon will be necessary to monitor the patient’s progress and to remove the catheter and drain when appropriate.
Pyeloplasty is a complex surgical procedure used to correct an obstruction in the ureteropelvic junction (UPJ) that can cause urine to back up and damage the kidney.
The success of the procedure depends on a variety of factors, including the location and severity of the UPJ obstruction, the patient’s overall health, and the skill of the surgeon. If you are experiencing symptoms of a UPJ obstruction, Consult our specialists at TX Hospitals who are expert in Pyeloplasty procedures in Hyderabad.