Best Transurethral Resection of the Prostate Procedure in Hyderabad
Transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) is a minimally invasive surgical procedure used to treat symptoms of an enlarged prostate gland. TX hospital as one of the best multispeciality hospital in Hyderabad provides the best treatment for bladder problems.
Transurethral resection of the prostate procedure
1. Anesthesia The patient is typically given general anesthesia or spinal anesthesia to prevent pain during the procedure. The surgeon may also place a catheter into the patient’s bladder to help drain urine during the procedure.
2. Insertion of the Resectoscope The surgeon will insert a resectoscope, a long, thin tube with a light and camera on the end, into the patient’s urethra and through the prostate gland.
3. Removal of Prostate Tissue Using a wire loop attached to the resectoscope, the surgeon will remove small pieces of prostate tissue from the gland. The tissue is then flushed out through the resectoscope and collected for further analysis.
4. Hemostasis After removing the prostate tissue, the surgeon will use an electric current or other techniques to seal the blood vessels and stop any bleeding.
5. Bladder Irrigation The surgeon will flush the bladder with sterile fluid to remove any remaining prostate tissue or blood clots and to ensure proper healing of the surgical site.
6. Catheterization After the procedure, the patient may need to have a catheter placed in their bladder to drain urine and monitor their recovery.
7. Recovery the patient will typically remain in the hospital for a day or two after the procedure to monitor their recovery and ensure there are no complications. The catheter may remain in place for several days after the procedure, and the patient may need to avoid strenuous activity and sexual intercourse for several weeks while the area heals.
TURP is a commonly used surgical procedure to treat symptoms of an enlarged prostate gland. The success of the procedure depends on a variety of factors, including the patient’s overall health, the skill of the surgeon, and the size and location of the prostate gland. If you are experiencing symptoms of an enlarged prostate, visit TX Hospitals for top specialists in Transurethral resection of the prostate procedures.