Best Vesicovaginal Procedure in Hyderabad
A Vesicovaginal or rectovaginal fistula is a medical condition where there is an abnormal connection between the bladder or rectum and the vagina. This condition can result in the leakage of urine or fecal matter through the vagina, causing significant discomfort and embarrassment. At TX Hospitals we had the best surgeons in Hyderabad for a Vesicovaginal or rectovaginal fistula repair procedures.
Rectovaginal Fistula Repair Procedure
1. Preparing for the Procedure Before the Vesicovaginal or rectovaginal fistula repair procedure, the patient will typically receive general anesthesia to prevent pain and discomfort during the procedure. The surgeon will also clean the surgical site and may place a catheter into the patient’s bladder to drain urine during the procedure.
2. Accessing the Fistula The surgeon will make an incision in the area around the fistula to gain access to the damaged tissue. The location and size of the incision will depend on the location and severity of the fistula.
3. Preparing the Tissue The surgeon will carefully separate the tissue around the fistula and prepare it for repair. If the tissue is too damaged, the surgeon may need to remove the damaged tissue and reconstruct the area with healthy tissue.
4. Repairing the Fistula Once the tissue is prepared, the surgeon will close the fistula using a variety of techniques depending on the size and location of the fistula. If the fistula is small, it may be closed using a simple suture. If the fistula is larger or more complex, the surgeon may need to use tissue flaps or grafts to repair the area.
5. Closing the Incision Once the fistula has been repaired, the surgeon will close the incision using stitches or surgical staples. A catheter may also be placed in the bladder to help drain urine during the initial healing period.
6. Recovery After the procedure, the patient will be monitored in the hospital for a few days to ensure proper healing and to manage pain. The catheter will typically remain in place for several days after the procedure, and the patient will need to avoid strenuous activity and sexual intercourse for several weeks while the area heals. Follow-up appointments with the surgeon will be necessary to monitor the patient’s progress and to remove the catheter when appropriate.
Vesicovaginal or rectovaginal fistula repair is a complex surgical procedure that is typically used to repair an abnormal connection between the bladder or rectum and the vagina. The success of the procedure depends on a variety of factors, including the location and severity of the fistula, the patient’s overall health, and the skill of the surgeon. If you are experiencing symptoms of a vesicovaginal or rectovaginal fistula, Visit TX hospital for state-of-the-art urological care and best results