Best Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty Procedure in Hyderabad
Robotic-assisted laparoscopic pyeloplasty is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that aims to correct a blockage or narrowing of the ureteropelvic junction, which is the point where the kidney connects to the ureter.
This procedure is performed using a specialized surgical robot that is controlled by a surgeon, which allows for more precise and accurate movements than traditional laparoscopic surgery.
Here are the steps involved in a typical robotic-assisted laparoscopic pyeloplasty:
- Anesthesia: The patient is given general anesthesia, which puts them to sleep and numbs the area to be operated on.
- Incision: The surgeon makes several small incisions in the abdomen, through which they insert surgical instruments and a camera.
- Separating the ureter: The surgeon uses the robotic arms to separate the ureter from the surrounding tissue, allowing them to access the ureteropelvic junction.
- Removing the blockage: The surgeon removes the blockage or narrowed portion of the ureteropelvic junction using specialized instruments.
- Reconstruction: The surgeon then reconstructs the ureteropelvic junction using sutures and stents to ensure that the ureter is properly connected to the kidney.
- Closing the incisions: The surgeon closes the incisions with sutures or surgical glue.
- Recovery: The patient is monitored for a few hours after the surgery and is typically able to go home the same day.
Robotic-assisted laparoscopic pyeloplasty offers several advantages over traditional open surgery, including faster recovery times, less scarring, and reduced risk of complications. However, it is important to note that not all patients are candidates for this type of surgery, and the decision to proceed with the procedure should be made in consultation with a qualified urologist or surgeon.laparoscopic pyeloplasty recovery time is very less.